aka Popular series I haven’t read yet, or probably won’t.
I have a love hate relationships with series (as a concept), but I’ve been thinking about the ones that I’ve read and loved. Then that escalated to the ones that I keep hearing about, that I haven’t read…and this is what you get:
- Anything in the Mortal Instruments (including spinoff series) Universe by Cassandra Clare. At one point in my life I was interested in this series, maybe I’ll pick it up one day but this world has gotten so big now that it feels daunting.
- Anything by Rick Riordan – There are so many books in the Olympian series (including spinoffs) that I feel like it would take years to read them all.
- Anything by Sarah J Maas – No. Just. No.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – Maybe? Someday? Is it much different from the movies, cuz if it’s not then meh.
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman – I really wanna read these, especially since the TV show is an actual thing that I am IN LOVE with.
Honorable mention to the Discworld Series by Terry Pratchett and The Raven Cycle* by Maggie Steifvater. There are a lot more popular series that I haven’t read but, I’m not a machine soooo…
*I’ll be starting this one next month, hopefully) Everyone and their mother raves about this one. I put it off due to the split views on it, because just as many people are underwhelmed. But, my curiousity is winning.
Are any of these your favorites? Which one do you think I MUST read or my life will be meaningless and empty?