I’m an academic who loves to read and I figure this is the best way for me to get the best of both worlds. I can read for fun and then share my thoughts with the world.
I’ve tried to do this before, on many different platforms, and somehow I would always be left feeling dissatisfied with the final product. I’m trying this again and I intend to spend a lot of time constantly tweaking this site until it’s perfect (by my standards) but the content and general style won’t change much.
You should also know that:
– I am severely addicted to reading.
– I will read almost anything. Except, I’m not the biggest fan of non-fiction/autobiography, but I will push through it if the subject is particularly interesting to me.
– My favorite genres are: Paranormal/Romance and YA with a new-found love of Science Fiction so you may see a lot more of these than any other kind.
– I intend to update this website twice weekly (on Mondays and Fridays at 5 p.m).
– There will be book “tags” thrown in every now and again where I have no reviews prepared for whatever reason.
– All book suggestions are welcome as my TBR list has a life of its own and it is always looking for new recruits.
– My reviews will also include the average Goodreads, Amazon and Barnes & Noble (where applicable) ratings and then compare it to my ratings.
1 star – Well, I finished it / I tried so hard to finish
2 stars – Interesting concept, poor execution
3 stars – Great concept, but it could use some work
4 stars – Yaaaaaaas! Where is the more of it?!
5 stars – Asdsffghdkdlskdfh
This list may or may not be updated as time goes on. Please standby! (Not really. Go roaming; check out the rest of the site.) My goal is for this to be a no pressure, no expectations experience; just immersion into books. I hope you enjoy the journey!