You know those moments when real life get’s to be too much and so you have to find some mindless entertainment? Well, these five things are what I turn to for solace.
Hi all, I’m so sorry I didn’t post anything yesterday but…life had some different plans for me.
I think, in order to take care of all that’s happening, I’ll need to go on a bit of a hiatus. It shouldn’t last more than a week (fingers crossed).
Until then, I’ll miss you all and don’t forget to keep reading.
Update: I’m back!
I’m currently reading ‘The Magicians’ by Lev Grossman (just thought I’d share that with you), and enjoying the parallels with the TV show.
The real reason for this post however: I’ve decided that I’m going to do a review of the book I finished last night, so no ACTUAL post today…
Yesterday was International Book Lovers day so I thought this would be a fitting (short) post for today.
In no particular order, these are the first set of books that I remember falling in love with as a child:
Moby Dick by Herman Melville:
Heidi by Johanna Spyri:
Harry Potter (ofc).
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett:
Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White:
What books got you started?
For anyone who might be curious, I’ve decided to put this post with links to some of my old posts here (in order of most recent to least).
- READING GOALS: A Shame Filled Update – An update on my 2017 Reading Goals. It’s not as successful as I’d hoped it would have been by this point of the year. Read my flop here.
- It’s been a minute… – My February wrap-up. It was abysmal.
- Wishlist: Bookish Subscription Boxes! – The post in which I tell you all my subscription dreams. See any of interest?
- ARC Review: Don’t Tell Anyone by Eleanor Gray – This one is pretty self-explanatory. Read my review, here.
- My Top 5: West Indian Novels that shaped me (Non-Fiction) – Interested in reading outside of the typical North American/European setting? Then try these.
- Thanks A Lot… – Otherwise referred to as my January wrap-up.
- My Top 5: Podcasts – Before the great LG G4 boot loop of 2017, I used to listen to a lot of podcasts. These were my top five.
- Black Feathers; Dark Avian Tales: An Anthology – This anthology was everything, and I HAD to review it. Read my review here.
- Movies Are Coming – Movie adaptations that I am looking forward to: are here.
- My Top 5: West Indian Novels that shaped me (Fiction) – More West Indian novels.
- 2016 is over – AKA Best of… – My favorite books that I read last year.
- NaNo Update & November Wrap-up – I did NaNoWriMo last year and it was amazing. This was my update.
- My Top 5: Favorite Ships – Because I am an eternal shipper and HEA-er. Join me in my eternal romanticism.
- The Visitor by Christopher Chase Walker – This book was spooky and perfect, so I reviewed it.
- My Top 5: Fanfictions – Because sometimes fanfictions are the most brilliant works of art. Join me.
- Elements of Horror – That time that I tried being analytical while writing a novel and pretending to read. LOL.
- Happy Halloween!!! – My October 2016 wrap-up.
- Spookathon Wrap-Up – This readathon was fun.
- The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon – What a beautiful piece of art. My review.
- I’ve read thiiiiiis much! – September 2016 wrap up, please. You’re welcome!
- Lies We Tell Ourselves. – Robin Talley broke me.
- Albus You Dummy! – In which I got to re-enter the Wizarding World for a few moments more.
- The End. – August 2016 wrap up, can be found: here.
- How is it August? – July 2016 wrap up.
- Zoo: True to Form? – I watch the TV show and I decided that I needed to read the book. Bad idea.
- June Wrap-Up – This was the moment that Sylvain Neuvel ruined me. Holy cliffhanger, Batman.
- The Everything Box by Richard Kadrey – Apparently this is a series?
- The Lunar Chronicles: Winter – What a series. Thank you, Marissa Meyer.
After countless periods of website crashes, unpublished scheduled posts, posts published too early and an overall inability to post on the whole, I’ve given up. My toxic relationship with webs.com is over. No more!
I really hope that you will all stick with me in this new phase of my journey. ithinkihaveaproblem.webs.com will no longer be updated.
Here’s to (hopefully) less hiccups.